expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, 17 September 2014

Wedding Invite To-Do lists

Hello there lovely readers! It has been a while. I have been travelling for bit and discovered China during our annual family vacation.
Asia has always had a charm that you cannot find anywhere else, so I couldn't have been more excited when my husband randomly suggested we go to China.

We did the usual sightseeing, but explored some secret hideaways too. Travelling with a child under 5 is never easy, but I must say our little girl is turning out to be quite a world traveller and is comfortable with public transport, long walks and tour guides. In short it was an action packed 8 days and the highlight was definitely the Great wall of China. An out of this world experience that leaves you in awe of ancient dynasties and their commitments to their land (you can check out my Instagram account for a few snippets from the trip)
 
So when we got back to Dubai and settled down into work, there were many important things that needed tending to with military precision. New school was starting, I was embarking on a new daily schedule as a working mum, home maintenance tasks and maintaining a packed schedule. Not forgetting to squeeze in some fun times and social responsibilities.
 
For the first time in my life I got a planner and started making lists! My sister (who has a list for everything) could tell you, that even though she tried at every chance she got I to make me write things down, I would never put pen to paper. Things would just stay in my head. That may have worked, when my life was simpler back in the day, but it is definitely not the most efficient module for my juggling acts these days.
 
I find myself so much more organised and calmer these days with my planned schedule. I feel I have accomplished much more in these two months than in the first half of 2014. Planning ahead and setting out my day, month and year has allowed me to divide my time between work, school schedules and family. I cant believe it took me so long to take control of my time. Better late than never right? I am totally converted! Now I want to make a list for everything. I design little organiser printables for various things around the house and work. BLISS!
 
Thanks to my DIY husband, I'm now armed with my new work space, which by the way, I absolutely LOVE!!!! ( I will share pics here in a few weeks). And ready to tackle the wedding and party season for this year. So many new and exciting things in the pipeline. I cannot wait to share!
 
So in the true spirit of  TO-DO lists, here is a wonderful reminder/guide for all you brides planning your wedding this year or later. I found this on Pinterest and I think its a great tool to help you get started and build on.
So many of my brides don't really know what is the norm or the etiquette involved in planning their big day. Hope this will help you out.
 
And if you would like to have your own Pret a Papier custom wedding invitations, please drop me a line and we can make your ideas stand out beautifully on paper. Enjoy!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...