expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, 30 December 2014

Tutorial to make a Pillow box from a simple envelope



Pillow boxes are a nice variation to a simple rectangular box for tiny gifts like jewellery or ornaments. I found these festive money gift envelopes that I wanted to make a little cuter for gifting a few items of jewellery. So I experimented with a few cuts and found that they worked perfectly to craft a miniature pillow box that could be used for presenting these jewellery gifts to my cousins.

Here are the few simple steps I used to convert a simple envelope into a little pillow box that can be opened on both sides.
You will need envelopes that are made of a thicker card and have the opening along the short side for these. The ones I used here where in festive red and gold colours made out of thick embossed foiled paper. PERFECT!

You will need :
An envelope for each box you need.
A scissor
A small circle punch (1 inch) optional
A saucer


I personalised the pillow boxes with stickers from my family Christmas stationery gift tag set attached the jewellery to the gift tags from the matching set. Every year our family sits around the Christmas tree and distributes all the gifts under it.  I wanted these boxes to be able to be hung on the tree, so I attached a loop from a pretty Christmas ribbon to the jewellery tag inside and threaded it through the semicircle opening in the pillow box.
 

 
 
Try them out they can be a great way to make a small gift so much more interesting.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...